Thursday, May 13, 2010

Contradictions

THAT MAN is always telling me not to pee on the grass. He doesn't like brown patches on his lawn. I don't understand this. After all, I have brown patches and I am very cute and handsome. So what's he talking about?

But then when I "lift my leg" somewhere else, he doesn't like that either.

Case in point: on the weekend he let me out of the house, so I ran downstairs to his workshop and peed there. There was a bad smell in there because he had been painting, but it smelt much better after I had "gone for a tinkle". But he wasn't happy.

Another example: last night he let me out of the house and shut the door. It was really dark and cold outside. We are talking Canberra cold here. So I "spent my penny" on the back step (if he had wanted me to go further away, down the stairs - but NOT onto the grass - he would have turned a light on for me, wouldn't he?)

I wish he would make up his mind. What he is telling me is, don't pee on the grass, but don't pee anywhere else either.

Why doesn't he just let me go in that big white basin inside the house? He doesn't want me to wee there either, every time I go near it he chases me away. There's no lightpole or fire hydrant in our backyard to use (and he would probably yell at me for using them too) and the cars are locked away in the garage so I can't use their wheels.

Sigh. What's a dog supposed to do? Any suggestions?

love and big licks and watch your trouser leg because if it is still for a minute, I might pee on it, Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment