Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's all about ME

I am delighted to share with you all that a new suburb of Canberra is to be named after ... MOI! Kenny is in Canberra's north, near the racecourse. Of course when the powers that be in Canberra that name suburbs were looking for a new honoree, they would have found it difficult to go past my humble self. See map here

After all, numerous other things have been named in my honour, for example that 2006 Australian movie (which I have never really understood, not using porcelain bowls myself for my ablutions, although I believe Shane Jacobsen is probably a pretty good bloke).

There is also a character on a comic TV show who keeps getting killed off, called Kenny. This guy has a tragic fashion sense, wearing hoodies all the time (so unlike the very stylish spotted coat that I wear).

There is also a beer that THAT MAN says is named after me. It is apparently an Irish beer (well, an Irish cream ale if you want to be picky) and THAT MAN talks about it when he is cranky with me. (My favourite person usually covers my ears and tells me not to pay any attention. Possibly becaue I am too young to drink?)

Which in turn is, I presume, named after a place in Ireland. Which is somewhat strange to me because I come from the lovely Dalmatia not Ireland, but possibly news of my wonderfulness travelled to Ireland and they decided to name a place after me? I wouldn't be at all surprised.

So I am expecting to be invited to the opening or launching of Kenny in Canberra, the guest of honour so to speak. Hopefully it is not a dog day afternoon when that happens. I will try to ensure that you, my loyal fans, get an invite, but really, the guest list will be so big in that case that the ACT government wouldn't be able to cope. If you don't get an invitation, I suppose you will realise I don't really care about you at all. Oh well. That's what happens when you are as fabulous as me, I can't know all my fans personally. Don't take it to heart.

yours in surburban legend,
Kenny the spotted wonderdog.

PS I have a new friend who arrived for Christmas. She doesn't say much. More information to follow, with pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment