Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am the boss

My owner tells people I am a middle-sized dog. But I happen to know that I am a LARGE, STRONG, FIERCE DOMINANT dog. I want to dominate every other dog I see. In fact, I DO dominate every other dog I see.

Every pack has a leader and basically, that leader is ME. I especially love proving this to THAT MAN who hangs around with my favourite person. I can make him jump up, run around the house after me, open doors for me, and feed me, pretty much at my pleasure.

My favourite person is the only one I allow to tell me what to do (and even then, I have my moments). She is pretty good about proving she is the boss of me, it can be difficult for me to accept at times. She seems to have a mind of her own, which can be annoying. But also keep me thinking, about ways to BEND HER TO MY WILL. So it's a challenge, which I enjoy.

But my room-mate, Bundy (a well-meaning but dumb Rhodesian Ridgeback) shows me proper respect and does as he is told. He is no challenge at all, having submitted to me about 3 and a half minutes after I walked into the house (well actually, was carried into the house, one of my first displays of forcing my favourite person to do as I want, although she won't carry me around any more, not sure why)).

Don't get me wrong, I do have friends. Sometimes this other woman brings over her dog, Ocker, and we play (as long as he does what he is told) and she also brings over 2 very small people (who can be annoying, but sometimes fun. You know they poke me and prod me and lift my ears up. But I can cope. Sometimes they throw a ball for me which is good.)

Anyway, back to ME and how I am the boss.

I am the pack leader and if everyone would just acknowledge that, we could move on. When we go for a walk around the block, sometimes other dogs think THEY are the leader so I have to bark and growl and lunge at them to show how tough I am. My person usually doesn't let me near them which is a pity because then I would REALLY show them.

I don't understand what she means when she tells people "Sorry, he thinks he is a bigger dog than he really is". After all, size isn't everything. Even THAT MAN would agree with me about that.

with big licks from Kenny (the Boss) the spotted wonder dog

No comments:

Post a Comment