Tuesday, April 13, 2010

People who yell at dogs

One of my owners (well really, the partner of my owner, because I don't think of HIM as my owner at all, just some annoying person who seems to be joined at the hip to with my owner whether I like it or not) yells at me. In fact to be honest I don't like him much at all, my owner spends far too much time with him when she could be spending it with ME and we would all be better off. Its not that I'm being jealous (jealousy being far beneath the dignity of a handsome liver spotted dog such as myself) I'm just being truthful.

Now the fact of the matter is, I LOVE IT when he yells at me. It is one of the most fun things in my life. Usually it happens when they arrive home in the evenings, they open the back door and I run in and run around and around the house, slipping and sliding on the polished floorboards and tiles, knocking things out of the way, jumping on and off the furniture - its fantastic! The highlight of my day! The sense of freedom and delight in running around like a mad dog (no leash and walking to heel). And HE yells at me, and runs around after me trying to catch me, which makes it even better. He yells things like "Get on your mat" "sit down" "stop running" "Kenny come here" all of which I ignore and which stir me into more of a frenzy of running and sliding.

I don't think he realises how much it adds to my evening fun to have him yelling at me.But I appreciate it. If he didn''t yell and run, it would take a lot of the fun away. I hope he doesn't stop doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment